Due to its rising demand, dental aesthetics has become more rampant over the years. People are now realizing that it is more practical to invest in beauty treatments that would improve their appearance permanently. That is the reason why affordable cosmetic dentistry services have started to emerge and thrive. You can choose from the different special offers by the team of Our Dental Care.
What is Cosmetic Dentistry?
Cosmetic dentistry refers to the enhancement of the patient’s appearance by conducting dental services that will improve their smile. Teeth whitening procedures and fixing damaged teeth with porcelain veneers are just some of the few examples of these treatments. As time passes by, dental clinics started to storm the industry by offering affordable cosmetic dentistry services. Their main goal is to promote dental aesthetics by correcting the teeth color, alignment, shape, position, and appearance.
By doing this, the dental industry will be able to promote the importance of having healthy teeth, gums, and jawline. Something that most people don’t seem to pay attention to. Cosmetic dentists believe that the standards of beauty should not be limited to what the naked eyes can see. They advocate that cosmetic dentistry is not all about appearance improvement but rather a combination of dental treatments supported by a thorough clinical judgment that will benefit the patient accordingly. This dental field aims to complement both the general health and oral health of the patient by providing services that will practically help them have strong and beautiful teeth altogether.
Kinds of Cosmetic Dentistry
Cosmetic dentistry involves several dental services that focus on specific dental issues. Each of these procedures serves its own purpose and has been proven to be worth the try.
- Teeth whitening. Nothing beats a bright smile. Who wouldn’t be more confident if your teeth sparkle as you open your mouth? Teeth whitening is considered to be one of the most effective yet affordable ways to improve your dental appearance. Although it can cost about $500, there are a lot of over the counter teeth whitening products available for a cheaper price.
- Inlays and Onlays. Also considered to be quite a costly dental treatment, inlays and onlays refer to the molded dental fillings used to maintain healthy teeth. It is called an inlay if the gold, porcelain, or resin material is placed in the middle of the tooth. Onlays on the other hand are when the materials are used to cover the exterior of the tooth.
- Dental bonding. This procedure refers to the application of a tooth-colored resin directly to the cracked or chipped teeth. Dental bonding is a good alternative for people who only has 1 broken teeth to fix. In this treatment, the resin will be applied to the tooth and will be hardened by a laser, after which, the dentist will reshape the hardened material according to the size of the teeth making it look natural.
- Dental implants. Dental implants are used not only for cosmetic dentistry but also for preventing the fall out of the jawline. the root of the tooth can also come off when you lose a tooth, that is when you will be needing dental implants. This procedure refers to the replacement of the root to help the jaw and gums heal properly.
- Dental crown. Aside from making the appearance of the patient more pleasing, dental crowns also serve an important purpose. This dental procedure is conducted on patients with weak teeth. With the use of a dental cap, the dental crown is placed over the damaged tooth to restore its shape, size, and appearance. It provides support to the weak and chipped tooth altogether.
- Veneers. Dental veneers are considered to be one of the most expensive treatments to fix dental appearance. It is a thin shell-liked material that is used to cover the damaged natural teeth. There are various types of dental veneers; porcelain veneers, lumineers, palatal veneers, and composite veneers. Among all of these, porcelain veneers are the most in-demand yet most expensive procedure as well.
Why You Need Cosmetic Dentistry
For most people, aesthetics is definitely out of the question. Most especially if the individual is working on a tight budget and spending money over teeth enhancement is technically not in the picture. But did you know that apart from the improvement of your appearance, these procedures also play a vital role in keeping the gums, teeth, and jawline as strong as possible? Let us discuss the reasons why you may be needing to undergo a cosmetic dental procedure.
Cracked tooth. Each of our teeth serves a purpose in chewing and biting foods before swallowing. If left untreated, this can cause you pain and discomfort. Over time, the condition of the cracked tooth will only get worse. The opening will leave a hole where the bacteria can build-up and cause tooth decay.
Missing tooth. A missing tooth can cause the jawline to drop and the gum lines to start receding. This can cause serious damage to your entire teeth as each tooth supports each other in order to keep the jawline intact. Without treatment, bacteria will have a way in to destroy the naturally healthy teeth and spread plaque all over the mouth.
Cosmetic dentistry will help you redeem your lost self-esteem and confidence. Oftentimes, due to a hectic schedule and busy life, we tend to forget that our appearance is important as well. We neglect the things that are essential in keeping ourselves aesthetically attractive. It may not be noticeable but because of this, we unconsciously become insecure and self-doubtful which may affect our mental health.
With the help of cosmetic dentistry, we will be able to restore the beautiful, healthy, and pleasing smile we once had while keeping our teeth, gums, and jawline strong and in good shape.